Restaurant / Bar
Adapting to today’s technologies while improving the efficiency and health of the new interiors, this Hospitality and Restaurant Bar project transformed the Comfort Inn Conference Center and Chessie’s Chesapeake Grill in Bowie, MD. The new ambiance engages visitors while providing a sense of welcome for patrons to relax as long as they desire to escape the stresses beyond the Center’s walls.
- New front bar finish materials are extremely durable and provide a contrast between the textured stacked stone and nuanced gray polished quartz.
- Electrical service was brought to the bar to include all new power/data ports hidden under the new top for the customers’ use as well as efficient LED lighting to ‘float’ the bar surface.
- Back bar was re-created in cool blue mosaics and distressed white wood finish nestled in refurbished casework.
- Energy efficient LED lighting shapes the back bar displays while providing light at minimal operating costs.
- Freshly painted brick-lined concourse enlivens the space and accentuates updated carpet and window valances that frame countless views of the newly surfaced pool deck outside.
- 7,500 sq. ft of Conference space allows for maximum flexibility from six partitioned spaces to one large for any event. Newly resurfaced walls and custom trim work add a touch of elegance.
Photo Credit: Chris Zimmer Photography
Melanie and I started working together in 2002. As a builder, I truly enjoy working with Melanie. She is skilled at conveying her design intent, while at the same time understanding that conditions in the field may require that I approach this intent differently from how she might have expected. Her architectural and design skills are only surpassed by her passion for her work. Melanie consistently weighs her design decisions against the ultimate impact these decisions will have on the environment. She is also very conscientious about her client’s budget, doing her best to help her clients understand the outcome of their decisions.